A year ago, eight-year-old Bhumi was playing on her terrace with a stick when she accidently touched a high voltage cable. She was electrocuted and as a result, lost both her arms. Bhumi’s parents were devastated but they put aside their grief in order to help Bhumi overcome her accident.
“We’ve taught her to use her residual limbs to write, use a cell phone and even play video games, “ shared her mother.
Despite Bhumi’s resourcefulness, our surgical outreach director, Dr. Yogi Aeron, wanted to help. So, he called in a prosthetic specialist to measure Bhumi for prosthetics. She should be getting her new prosthetics this week!